Senior QA Engineer (Remote)
Come and make the world a better place by writing software for creating, managing, and using privacy-focused verifiable credentials! This is a full-time position. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. Sr. QA Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions, and supporting the network operations and engineering teams. This position comes with a good chance for moving into Test Team Lead responsibilities.
We have weekly sprints, daily standups, pair programming sessions, and weekly game sessions. We have opportunities for mentorship, community outreach and career development.
As you’ll work remotely, you must be self-motivated, a demonstrated team-player, and have outstanding communication skills.
- Act as mentor for one or more Associate QA engineers.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input on requirements, product design, and potential problems
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for Mobile, API, and Web-based applications.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers) to identify system requirements
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- 5-8 years of QA/SDET experience with software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Proficient in Linux (command line proficiency preferred)
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Experience with git and Jira, or similar tools, is a plus
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience with Hyperledger Indy or other related
- Identity experience is also a plus (optional).
- Must be legally able to work in the US, we cannot sponsor work visas at this time