Senior Python Developer
Come and make the world a better place by writing software for creating, managing, and using privacy-focused verifiable credentials! The ideal candidate will be responsible for the technical design and implementation of new products and enhancements in Python. They will work in all phases of the development cycle: concept to implementation.
We have weekly sprints, daily standups, pair programming sessions, and weekly game sessions. We have optional opportunities for mentoring others, community outreach, and team leadership.
As you’ll work remotely, you must be self-motivated, a demonstrated team-player, and have outstanding communication skills. We will ask for a code sample if you are shortlisted.
- Perform full life-cycle development
- Adhere to agreed upon delivery schedules
- Utilizes source control, continuous integration, and unit testing best practices
- Work cross-functionally to define and write code for new features
- Expert in Python
- Experience in large code bases
- Comfortable with git, docker, bash and/or other shells, github, code reviews, pair programming
- Proficient in OOP
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Must be legally able to work in the US, we cannot sponsor work visas at this time
Nice to haves
- Experience contributing to Open Source Software projects
- Experience working in an agile team
- Experience with asynchronous code
- Solid background in strongly typed language such as Java
- Proficient in Functional Programming
- Writing highly scalable software
- Understanding of basic cryptography principles (hashing, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, signatures, etc.)
- Understanding of basic Blockchain principles