Come and make the world a better place by writing software for creating, managing, and using privacy-focused verifiable credentials! The ideal candidate will design and code software and user interfaces for decentralized identity applications using Node.js, Express.js, and React.js.
We have weekly sprints, daily standups, pair programming sessions, and weekly game sessions. We have optional opportunities for mentoring others, community outreach, and team leadership.
As you’ll work remotely, you must be self-motivated, a demonstrated team-player, and have outstanding communication skills. We will ask for a code sample if you are shortlisted.
- Understand requirements, design and scope features, and generate stories, tasks, and estimates
- Work with other team members to coordinate work and schedules
- Write high quality software and tests
- Assist our testing team to document features and create testing procedures
- Deep experience with Node.js, Express.js, and React.js
- Comfortable with git, docker, bash
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Must be legally able to work in the US, we cannot sponsor work visas at this time
Nice to Haves
- Experience contributing to open source software projects
- Experience working in an agile team
- Working understanding of Websockets
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Functional skills with Curl / Postman
- Well-formed opinions on state management
- Comfortable using Linux/Unix environments
- Utilization of TDD methodologies
- Time spent handling Jira and navigating Slack
- Understanding of basic blockchain principles, verifiable credentials, and/or SSID
- Understanding of basic cryptography principles (hashing, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, signatures, etc.)