Associate QA Engineer
Come and make the world a better place by writing software for creating, managing, and using privacy-focused verifiable credentials! This can be either a part-time or full-time position. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions, and supporting the network operations and engineering teams
We have weekly sprints, daily standups, pair programming sessions, and weekly game sessions. We have opportunities for mentorship, community outreach and career development.
As you’ll work remotely, you must be self-motivated, a demonstrated team-player, and have outstanding communication skills.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of a programming or scripting language.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Must be legally able to work in the US, we cannot sponsor work visas at this time