Associate QA Engineer | Remote
Indicio increases privacy and control for users and lower risks and costs for organizations using cutting edge techniques for verifying data and establishing trusted digital relationships. As a rapidly growing start up we need team members who can work at a fast pace environment without fear, deliver high quality products in record time, work without constant supervision, take initiative, and be laser focused on results. You will create lasting impact and see the results of your work in the marketplace almost every day.
As the Associate QA Engineer you’ll be responsible for testing code that will become a part of the products and solutions we deliver to customers. As an Associate position, this role is part-time (maximum 30 hours a week) and does not offer benefits, but the goal of our associate program is to help you grow into a full-time role. You’ll report to the QA & Network Director and work in partnership with your teammates and other functional teams to test server-based applications.
You’ll have opportunities for mentorship, community outreach, publication and personal branding, and career and personal development. There are bi-weekly sprints, daily standups, peer programming sessions, and weekly game sessions.
Indicio is a fully remote company and does not have an office. Our team is spread out across US and European time zones, and our clients are located all around the world. Working remotely requires you to be self-motivated, a demonstrated team-player, and have outstanding communication skills.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes (required)
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases (required)
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a plus
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience working in Google Suite, JIRA, Slack, Git, Github all a plus
- Must live in and be legally able to work in the US; we cannot sponsor work visas at this time (required)
We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply to work with us – we recruit based on more than just official qualifications, including non-technical experience, initiative, and curiosity.
As a Public Benefit Corporation, a women-owned business, and WSOB certified, Indicio is committed to advancing decentralized identity as a public good that enables all people to control their online identities and share their data by consent. We aim to create a welcoming environment for our employees, clients, and partners and ensure a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment.
Indicio Leadership Principles
Trust & Transparency
We trust each other to do what’s right and we trust the decisions being made at all levels of the company. We are transparent and share company information with teams regularly.
Respect & Empowerment
We are each empowered to make decisions and we respect those made by others. When compromises need to be made, we consider all opinions and do so with kindness. We believe in the ability of all our teammates to get their work done how, when, and where they feel most productive. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect.
Learning & Mentorship
We spend time and resources for the personal growth and education of all team members, our customers, and the decentralized identity community. Through continuous learning, mentorship, and feedback, we all improve together.
We are a joyful and happy company. We love where we work and celebrate our accomplishments! We are tenacious and positive in our work together and with customers–even during challenging times. We celebrate our differences and take the time to get to know each other and all the aspects that make us special.
Every teammate is a leader, directly influences the success of Indicio, and understands the importance of this technology for humanity. We recognize we have power and responsibility as we develop this new technology. We can’t anticipate all its uses but we seek to reduce unintended consequences.
We are agents of change, working together to ensure both Indicio and our industry are safe places to work where every person belongs. As a Public Benefit Corporation, we serve worldwide communities in positive and inclusive ways.